Wednesday, May 19, 2004

My First Foray Into the World of the .NET Compact Framework

Created my first CF .net app and published it to my pda. Voila, it worked!
Visual Studio does EVERYTHING for you, in terms of loading the required files:
The framework!
The apps assemblies etc.

I subsequently downloaded SQLServer 2000 CE and added a reference to it from my app. I added some code to create a DB, create a table, write data to the table, read it back out and display it on the screen. Worked first time!

After some interation of the build, load and run process the deployment to the pda started failing due to a sharing violation. I was unable to delete the .exe and/or its folder but I WAS able to rename the folder and got back on track!

No comments:

C# Sucks!

JK!! Seriously, though, somewhere around C#-3 we should have inculcated ourselves with the question: "Does 'CAN' == 'SHOULD...