Friday, May 21, 2004

Tools I Used Today

Visio
Did some UML Modeling and Code Generation for my DBProvider Factory Factory.

After building and tweaking the final results in VS .net 2003 I reverse engineered the project. Pretty Cool.

VS .net 2003

MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Mgr.
Oracle Enterprise Mgr.
ODBC Administrator

Created test databases and datasources for the Data Provider Factory Testing


NUnit
Kicked some more but with this awsome tool developing tests for my DB Provider Factories which are now working like a charm.

I've implemented factories for the .net SQLServer, Oracle and ODBC data providers.

All my study of design patterns is starting to bear fruit. I'm really excited with the results.

Next I plan to retrofit my DBObjects to use the Provider Factory Factory and then create a Provider Factory Factory for the Compact framwork which will implement the SQL Server CE and SQL Server providers.

No comments:

C# Sucks!

JK!! Seriously, though, somewhere around C#-3 we should have inculcated ourselves with the question: "Does 'CAN' == 'SHOULD...